By Ron Nash
The Stinson community had a different landscape in 1873 than it does today. Back then , there was only one house constructed on East Ave S. between Main St. E. and Hunter St. E.
That was the home of Benjamin J. Morgan. It was located at 51 East Ave S. and still stands proudly today. It was his family home between 1873 and 1879. He died in 1879 and the home was left to his wife. It was sold in 1880.
Mr. Morgan had owned Morgan Bros. Flour and Seed and was a manufacturer of whips.
In 1879, 31 East Ave. S. was built and was the only other house on the block. Later, in 1880, #53, #55, and #57 were built.
The current owner of #51 will be securing a plaque to the home, naming it, “Morgan House circa 1873”.