Stinson Community Association Annual General Meeting (November 2019) Agenda for Thursday, November 14, 2019 7-9 pm
Central Memorial Recreation Centre – 93 West Ave S
Land Acknowledgment: We want to recognize and acknowledge that we meet on the traditional territories of the Mississauga of the Credit River and the Six Nations Haudenosaunee and within the lands protected by the Dish with One Spoon Wampum agreement.
SCA Mission: To enable all residents to fully participate in the community. To actively engage community partners in building relationships in order to enrich the community and the neighbourhood. To encourage, build, and preserve a safe, clean, and attractive neighbourhood that we are all proud to call home.
SCA Vision: Stinson is a diverse and engaged community with a natural, historic, and vibrant character.
SCA Values: Collaboration, Engagement, Respect, Trust, Inclusiveness, and Transparency.
1. W E L C O M E: Land Acknowledgement, a review of the Mission, Vision and Values, & Introductions (5 mins)
2. Call to order
3. Approve previous minutes (2 mins)
- Ward 3 Councillor Nrinder Nann (5 mins)
- Ward 2 Councillor Jason Farr (5 mins)***Time for Questions***
- Stinson monthly stats update – sent by Sgt. McFeggan; read aloud by memberof exec (3 minutes)
- Current Executive – Review of Past Year (10 minutes)
5. Special Guests
• Karl from Community Benefits Network (5 minutes)
- Treasurer’s Report (5 minutes)
- Grant Update (5 minutes)
- Community Events happening in Stinson currently until next SCA meeting: – Ice Rink- Cider at Winterfest – Trim the Tree?
– Other~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Break (10 minutes) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Feedback Review from survey (10 minutes)
10. Terms of Reference revisions (if necessary) – (15 minutes)
11. Election to new executive & committees (30 Minutes) – 1 co-chair
– 1 secretary
– 1 treasurer
– Garden committee
– Community Benefits representative – Communications
Close of meeting