Immediate action is to create a new logo for the Stinson Community that will appear on all official Stinson Community Association material (community event advertisements, website, letterhead, t-shirts etc). Submissions can be provided via e-mail to email@example.com or in person @ Central Memorial Recreation Centre on March 14th between 7-9pm.
Vision statement “To cultivate Stinson as a vibrant Escarpment community, celebrating its natural and historic character, championed by its diverse and engaged residents”.
Stinson Community Association (SCA) works towards ensuring that Stinson sustains itself as a safe, clean, and attractive environment. Somewhere you can be proud to call home.
February 14th SCA meeting – Spokesperson to announce Notice and provide information.
February 15th 2013 – to mark first day of Notice in Publication on Website, Facebook page and in print media “The Spec” and “In Community” pages.
March 15th 2013 – quick review of submission and decision as to whether an extension on the timeline is required.
March 22nd 2013 – deadline for logo submissions
-Submissions shall be limited to residents and businesses of the City of Hamilton
-Logo submissions shall be easily reproducible and are to be represented in colour as well as one colour applications (e.g. Black / grayscale)
– Pantone, CMYK and Hexachrome details should be provided with submission
– Identification of typeface used should be provided
– Indicate size and space guidelines should be provided in order to ensure proper scalability (there should be no loss of detail when logo is either increased or decreased in size) on digital and printed media
– Logo should be vector based if possible
– Submissions become the intellectual property of the Stinson Community Association, and only the SCA has rights for use and reproduction (unless otherwise authorized via the SCA)
– All Submission are to be reviewed by a judgment panel comprised of; Group B committee Chair Natasha Murphy, Ralph Meiers, Mike Montreuil, The Stinson Community Association (SCA) elected board and Stinson Community Implementation Plan (SCIP) Chair Lucio Barcaroli.
– The panel will select top designs to be present to SCA Members for vote on final design.
– Winning logo submission will be announced via SCA website, Facebook, and through official SCA meeting minutes.
About the Stinson community:
Nestled against the Niagara escarpment, south of Main Street E., between Wellington and Wentworth Streets, this charming heritage neighbourhood provides a peaceful retreat steps away from the Gateway to downtown Hamilton.
Serviced by 8 bus routes, minutes from the GO Terminal, the QEW, HWY 403, and easy access to the Mountain via the Claremont Access or by foot up the 500 steps of the Wentworth Stairs. Stinson is all about location.
Stroll down a historic street and see the many bold, colourful doors and beautiful stained glass transoms.
Bike, walk, or jog along the Escarpment Rail Trail as it winds through the Stinson neighbourhood and
continues to a waterfall or the Bruce Trail network. Or, take a swim at the indoor pool of the Central Memorial Recreation Centre.
Stinson is the urban neighbourhood of Hamilton.
Young at heart. Graceful with age.